Sunday, June 12, 2011

NOTD (nail of the week, rather): Illamasqua Jo'Mina

Hello everyone! Hope you've been having a good weekend. I'm a little sad it's coming to an end..but the next one will be here before we know it.  Summer has officially begun here! It is heaven.

I've been wearing Illamasqua nail varnish in Jo'Mina all week..and I'm in love. 

**Warning: I took the pics today, after wearing this polish for 5+ days..so it's a bit worse for wear. And the dryness on my middle finger is driving me crazy too. Apologies.**


Left pic is natural light, and the one one on the right is flash. This color definitely has a fluorescent quality (which is notoriously difficult to pick up in photos)! In real life it is a bright pastel violet creme.

Edit: I found a pic from my phone which captures the fluorescence and a little better:


The formula is really nice and opaque. I applied two coats and it was smooth sailing.

What nails are you sportin' these days? What's your favorite summer polish color?

♥ ♥ ♥

5 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty color! I don't own any Illamasqua products, but I'm thinking of starting out with their nail polish.
    I've been obsessed with Chanel's Riviera(hot pink color)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg it's everything I wanted it to be, it's been on my list forever but seeing your swatches I definitely MUST get it SOON! :) I've been wearing maaany different nail polishes these days, especially bright colors like CG Flip Flop Fantasy, Essie Braziliant, Sephora OPI Go With the Flower, also love CG Peachy Keen & Re-fresh Mint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora Schu: Thanks! I too didn't own any Illamasqua..Jo'Mina was my first purchase :) Ooo I'm not familiar with Riviera, but I'm intrigued just by the name alone! Love hot pinks!

    Ebru: Thank you doll. I have Peachy Keen on my toes right now! You've given me a lot of ideas just now, I don't have any of the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely purple for the summer!!!

    Makes me think of beaches and sea and...ok, I'll shut up now, who am I kidding? I won't see that setting for another month...!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a yummy shade!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete