Sunday, August 29, 2010

Random Stuff

Hello everyone! Hope the weekend has treated you well?

Thought I'd do a quick post of a few things I've purchased recently, none of which are regarding actual makeup.


I dropped by Target the other day, and decided it was time to expand my workout dvd collection a bit (as I only have one right now, ha!). I decided on these two: Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. I'm staying with the Jillian Michaels theme as you might gather.


I finished the 30 Day Shred, and am really happy with the results! I lost around 5 or 6 pounds, but the inches lost is more significant I think. I bought a smaller pants size the other day which was exciting! And my friends have asked me if I've lost weight, which is always a wonderful thing. More importantly though, I just feel better about myself. I have more energy in general and it is true that exercise just makes you feel good! If you're thinking about trying the shred, you should do it! Trust me, if I can do it, you definitely can :)

Next, I've bought these two books (my mom just bought the third one, too): The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire. I'm excited to read them, have heard lots of good things. Have you read these books?


I also finally purchased a camera case! I got my camera for Christmas and have been storing it in a ziploc bag up until now...ghetto much? I found this at Target and think it's pretty cute. 


So what are your random buys as of recent? Do you have any workout dvd or book recommendations? I'm all ears!


♥ ♥ ♥

15 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of getting a new workout dvd, too! (undecided which one) I'll have to check out the 30 day shred!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would like it! I love it! It's only 20 mins too so it's manageable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have No More Trouble Zones and girl, I almost passed out after the first 10 minutes! JM kicks your butt... and I love it!

    Happy Sunday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha uh oh, now I'm kind of scared! She is def. hard core but that's why I like her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about The Girl with the Dragon tattoo from friends, even my boyfriend read it (haha!). I like Jillian Michaels so i'll definitely have to check out the dvds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you'll like them, she kicks your butt for sure :) I've heard good things about the books too, I'm really excited to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jillian workouts, they always kick my butt so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally! I feel like it gets a bit easier but I'm still pooped every time afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh could you write a post about the workout DVD's? Normally I buy them and they just sit on my shelf, I can't get motivated with tapes for some reason :(

    I just started reading your blog, and I'm already hooked haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those books are still on my to-read-list for this year (things are not looking up tho)!
    I 've seen the movies however (the original swedish versions) and really liked them, especially the first one!

    JM is really kicking your butt, huh? Lol! Well, as long as you 're not ... phoning it in at the gym :DDD!
    I need to start an exercise programme myself, but with bikini season over, I just cant get motivated.. any tips?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beauty Me Blog: I wrote a mini review on the 30 day shred in my in and out: numero uno post which is just a post or two before this one. I will def. do a post on these other two as soon as I get up the motivation to try them!

    tina_mbc: HAHAHAHA how many times can she say "phoning it in"??? haha I love you, that made me lol. I wish I was able to tell you how to get motivated, but it took me about 2 years to finally get the motivation do start exercising...and it just came on randomly. It was easy for me to commit to the 30 day shred because I actually tracked myself wrote down what day I was on each day. It kept me going cause I wanted to complete it! I'm sorry I'm not of much help, I think I'm going to do a post about exercise sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute case!

    i've yet to read those books. definitely on my list!

    www.kaitlynmaness.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean about exercise making you feel good. I get a real high off running and cycling. Makes me feel amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey doll!! I love your blog! I'd love to feature you on my blog! I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle© " & this is how I promote my followers. But it helps them increase traffic to their blog & allows other followers to learn more about the blogs that I feature. If you're interested my blog is at www.edkdolce.blogspot.com
    ♥ Elle

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just started reading the first book - how are you liking it so far?

    I need to get back to my workout program asap - 30 day shred here I come (again) :)

    ReplyDelete