Monday, June 28, 2010

Have you been burned before?

Believe me, I have. Just yesterday in fact!

I was at the pool for a lengthy amount of time, and neglected to reapply sunscreen on certain areas, namely my shoulders and back. Curses!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you my favorite sunburn remedy. I've spoken about this lotion before but it was a long time ago, so I thought I'd reiterate!

This is Sarna. It's a lotion with high percentages of menthol, giving your burned skin a cooling sensation that lasts. I much prefer this over aloe, in fact. The only negative about it is it has a medicinal smell, but I don't mind it for how well it works!

I just thought I'd pass on this bit of info as I've never heard it mentioned :)

Hope you're all well and wearing your sunscreen!

Endnote: There are only 17 entries so far for my Just Because Giveaway! Your odds are great to win so enter here if you haven't done so!

9 comments:

  1. Good to know, thanks! (although I'm not sure it's available in Europe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sunburn is so painful! Luckily I haven't been burned for years so fingers crossed I'll never need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cafe Bellini: Yeah I'm not sure, but I bet there is something like it with a different name? :)

    missy_ellie_uk: oh wow, good for you!! That's why you have such gorgeous skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting about this, my sisters need this so bad.:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of that lotion but it sounds like it does the job:) I'm terrible for missing out little bits with the sunscreen but at least it proves that sunscreen does work well lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Urgh, I hate being burnt, I burn so easily! I tend to go down the big floppy hat and lots of suncream route (maybe not the hat in a pool!) but thanks for the tip on the lotion, it looks like just the job for when I slip up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie: no prob, I hope they like it!

    Jenny: Yes it does! I need to use it more diligently :)

    Harriet: My mom wears her hat even in the pool, ha! I should learn something from her :) Yeah I love it, hope you like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, sorry to hear sweetie..!
    Buuut, if all else fails, you can always try some good ol greek yoghurt (tried&tested, lol)! :)
    Hope that the nasty burning sensation goes away soon!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. tina_mbc: Oooo greek yogurt?? I've never heard of that before! Thanks for the tip! xox

    ReplyDelete