Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes + NOTD


My good friend Betty Crocker and I fixed up some red velvet cupcakes for the Superbowl this last weekend (Valentines themed, of course)!

I admit, I use any occasion as an excuse to make these! Everyone always seems to love them. They're super easy, too. I just buy the mix and frosting (Betty Crocker in case you didn't catch that lame joke at the beginning) at the grocery store. So, I can't boast any true skillz as these are far from scratch! I'm not an amazing decorator either....but they still look good enough to eat, don't they?



If you want to see the most beautiful homemade cupcakes that you've ever seen in your life, click here. Seriously, I saw this blog post a whole week ago and I'm still drooling. Suzy is basically a professional. And, she is super nice and beautiful, too! You should follow her blog!


It's been a while since I've seen China Glaze's For Audrey, so I decided to bust it out. This is the wildly popular color from last spring if you don't happen to remember. I still love it! Every girl loves a little tiffany blue in her life....even if it's only from a five dollar nail polish :)

I'm really itching for some colors from China Glaze's new Up and Away collection, but my Sally's doesn't have the display yet. If you know of any other stores besides Sally's that sells China Glaze, please let me know. I know I could always buy online, but I like having instant gratification if I can manage it :)

Do you like red velvet cake? What's your polish of choice these days?

7 comments:

  1. I love red velvet cupcakes, and your nails too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look AMAZING!! I've never heard or seen Red Velvet cupcakes, but they look so yum...I'm jealous. :(
    Great nails aswell!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look great and those cupcakes look so yummy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look delish!!! Great job! For Audrey is a gorgeous color. I can never find it in stores though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness me, those cupcakes!!! I'm drooooooling, they look so delicious. Yum!

    I love the nails, too. Tiffany blue - what more could a girl want?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made those? They look so freaking yummy!!!
    For Audrey looks gorgeous on you, I 'm having a classic red on atm, but will be going mint for spring! ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete