Saturday, February 6, 2010

OOTD + Green Thumb Attempt

Hi everyone! Hope you've all been well over the last week or so!

Thought I'd drop in with a little OOTD for you. This was just a school day outfit, so nothing too exciting here :)


And some close up pics:

I love this grey top, the feathers are really cute. It's soft and loose fitting, which is great because I like to be comfy while sitting in class. I also love these boots, I've had them about a year now. They've been comfy from day one and they're nice to bum around in.

Boots: Target
Cardigan: Target
Jeans: Urban Outfitters
Shirt: F21
Necklace: Lisa Taubes


In other news, I've recently acquired two house plants: A paper white narcissus and an orchid.

The paper whites I planted about a week ago, and they're sprouting right up! I'll take a pic when they bloom, as I'm sure they'll be beautiful!


I bought this cute orchid today, and the lady at the greenhouse told me how to care for it properly so I hope I can keep it alive! I have killed my fair share of plants in the past, so I'm crossing my fingers for these two newbies!


Do you have a green thumb? Let me know if you have any tips!

9 comments:

  1. Really lovely outfit, grungey chic I'd say ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, haha, I like the sound of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your grey top and the colour of your cardigan is beautiful:) Your boots look uber comfy. Unfortunately I don't have green fingers so no tips from me. I normally kill any plants I have (not intentionally obviously). I do have one that has been going stron for years though. It takes minimal effort from me which is just how I like them lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! me too about the plants haha! If it's low maintenance I can keep it alive! My mom kept an orchid alive for 3 years so I'm gonna give it my best shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always killing plants - I'm terrible! It makes me feel so bad. Hope you have better luck!

    Cute outfit - I love that tee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am DISASTROUS with house plants, I always kill them :( Wish it wasn't so but c'est la vie. I love your OOTD especially the purple cardy, a colour I find hard to wear but looks so beautiful on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the feather detail on your t shirt, I could easily wear that with a couple of necklaces...!
    And I love orchids...
    I 'm just a plant...murderer!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen: I feel bad too, so I hope I don't jinx myself :) Thank you!

    Arlene: haha! Seems all of us here are plant killers :) Thank you, purple has become one of my favorite colors!

    Tina: Thank you, I could see it on you! I wish we lived closer cause my wardrobe would double as I would be stealing all your clothes! :) haha plant murderer! It's okay, me too :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to get a couple of plants. They are so pretty and make any space so much more appealing. I once kept an orchid alive for a year while studying abroad in London (and I was away for a month). You can do it!
    I think I'll go out and by myself a plant to keep by my desk at work. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete