Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A case of the uglies?


So. Do you ever go through a phase where you feel kinda not cute? Like, you dress the same, do your hair and makeup the same, but you just feel a little bit fug?

I think I'm suffering a case of the fats and uglies lately. It takes me forever to get dressed (I only have so many oversized sweatshirts), and when I pass by a mirror, I divert my eyes. I think it has to do mostly with some wacky hormones and a crop of unsightly chin blemishes...

I'm sure I'll snap out of it soon, but it's just funny how sometimes you feel good about yourself and then other times not so much! If I asked anyone who knew me, they would probably say that I look the same as I always do. It's such an odd internal dilemma I'm experiencing right now. Am I insane?

This post is by no means a fish for compliments, but more of a question:

Have you ever had a case of the uglies?

10 comments:

  1. Think we all have a case of the fugs at some point! It's just the way us ladies work.

    I always give myself a mini pamper, nails, face mask, that sort of thing.
    Hope you feel less fug soon, and I love the pic you've got for this post!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a case of the fugs right now. I always do the day after I have scrunched my hair. It just never looks the same when I have slept on it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh all the time! Lol. You're not alone in this.

    It's weird how somedays, everything goes wrong etc and you feel like this (normally around "lady time" (LOL) I'm always more clumsy too so end up ruining make-up/hair)

    I just try and remember that I can't be that bad, my boyfriend loves me etc, even without the make-up etc :)

    Plus I like the idea of pampering myself...I may try that on my "off" days! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand this. I'm in that phase at the minute too. Even Estee Lauder Double Wear is failing me right now :( I have lots of spots and generally feel zonked. I like Kel's suggestion of making it pamper time, going to try that myself later this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally and completely relate - I hate the uglies :( x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, I'm so glad you all empathize! I agree; think it's all part of being a female! Thanks for all the wonderful advice, I think I'm going to give myself a pedicure tonight :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh. i have had a case of the uglies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw hon, don't ever think that! You're gorgeous! We all have off days - I was feeling so down about my hair (silly, I know!) until yesterday when my lovely hairdresser sorted me right out. It's amazing how much better you feel with a new 'do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, yes, the past few weeks have been like that too... and on top of that I 've had a mini stress induced breakout to make things better... but I know one thing that helps: shopping!!! :) Hehe!
    But... you do know you always look lovely, don't you missy? ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHMYGOD, i'm having these moments all the time lately! hope we can get through it!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete