Sunday, November 15, 2009

A New Addition

I was perusing around in my local Walgreens the other day, when I came across a bunch of orange "clearance" tags that were emblazoned upon the whole Salon Collection line of brushes! Exciting times :)


I immediately zeroed in on this beauty, which is the powder brush. It retailed for $15.49, but I got it for around $7. What a steal!

This is a fabulous brush, I must say. It, for now, has replaced my favorite bronzer brush of all time by Tony and Tina (long discontinued, anybody remember this brand?) It is a large, fluffy, dome shaped brush, and the bristles are natural I believe. It is quite soft. This brush is great because it picks up the right amount of bronzer and disperses it perfectly. I can bronze myself in a rush, and it comes out great every time.

Salon Collection is part of the Japonesque brand. All of the brushes they have are cheaper versions of the Japonesque ones. I'm not sure if they're repackaging the line or just discontinuing it, so I suggest you get to your neighborhood Walgreens to check them out before they're gone!

Have you tried anything from this brand? Or Japonesque?

xox

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I loved Tony and Tina! When did they stop making it? I remember purchasing this gold glitter from them at a department store closing and I still have it, it was one of my first cosmetics I bought, those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki: I think the brand was discontinued in 2005? I loved it too! They had the prettiest glitters! That's funny, my brush set I bought from them was the first brush set I ever bought. We both had firsts with tony and tina! Those were the days indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find:) I've never heard of this brand before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVED tony and tina. miss it every day. it was the first major brush set i ever owned.

    now you know how i feel....chanel brushes are the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete