Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lilash Review!

Okay ladies, here is my lilash review. I started using lilash on January 2, 2009. The first half of this is my review from my makeupalley account. I thought it would be good to add it in as it helps show the timeline. I've added a bit more on the end. It's a lengthy one, so be prepared! :)

2/9/08

I didn't want to review this product until I had been using it for a good amount of time, because you really don't get the beginning of the results until roughly 4-6 weeks...and even longer for some. Patience and diligence are the two things you must keep in mind when using this. It's a bit of a waiting game. :) With that being said, I think lilash is amazing so far! I have been using it about five and a half weeks, and I'm starting to see the fruits of my labor ;) Seriously, I don't stick to anything, but I have been absolutely religious with the lilash application! I haven't missed a day. You really just have to keep up on it and sure enough, your patience will pay off and you'll start to see some amazingly long lashes. My lashes are growing in somewhat sporadically, with some random really long ones here and there right now. And, I can see new growth, there are alot of shorter ones coming in. So, I'm thinking in a few more weeks, my lashes are going to look REALLY good. I'm so excited! About the formulation: I've had no irritation to my eyes from this. I wouldn't say my eyes are uber sensitive though. I don't recall having to discontinue using a product because of eye irritation. So, that's me. A few more tidbits: I haven't noticed any darkening of my lashes, but they are already really dark, except at the tips. Also, my lashes do seem a bit thicker so far, but nothing to write home about yet. Like I said, there are alot of newer, shorter lashes coming in, so once they catch up with the rest, they will probably look much fuller.

***UPDATE***(3/6/09/)

I just hit my 8 week mark, and I can tell you that my lashes look amazing! I even had to trim one lash today that was just insanely long. People have started commenting over the last few weeks that my eyelashes look sooo long. I just say "really"? to most people and tell them I've been using a new mascara because I guess I'm kind of embarassed at my vanity. ;) But, all of my good friends know and they are so impressed by the results. Even my husband tells me that my lashes are huge, and when a guy notices, that's kind of a big deal. And, some of my lashes are curling on their own, which is rad. I continue to use a curler though, because I still have some pesky ones that are straight. Oh, and one more thing: When I first started using this, I applied twice daily for about the first four weeks. After that I switched to once a day, before bed.

***Today's Update***(9/2/09)

I have now been using lilash for exactly nine months! As you may know if you read my blog, I just purchased my second tube, but I'm still scraping out the remaining product of my first tube. So it's lasted me a while! Like I said, I was using it twice a day when I first started. So if I had only used it once a day, this first tube would have lasted me a year. I do agree it's an expensive product, but to me it's worth it for the results and for how long one tube will last you.
I do also want to add that I don't think it's necessary to use it twice a day. It might take just a wee bit longer to see the results, but looking back I would rather have used it only once a day and had my tube last me longer. It is very powerful so I think once a day is more than sufficient. Also, what I didn't mention in my first review is that it did make my lashes feel a little "sore" at the roots when I first started using it. This was usually just in the morning when I woke up. I still get this sensation now and again and I think it is a result of putting too much on. I know this may sound gross but you know when you wake up and you have alot of "sleep" in your eyes? Like eye goobers? Especially when I'm sick or something and I'll get this and it makes my eyes feel kind of sore. Know what I'm talking about? Anyway, you get this same feeling from lilash if you put too much on and it dries crusty. At least that's my theory anyway.

Oh and a few more things: In my opinion, this does not thicken your lashes beyond your own natural thickness. It just really strengthens and grows the lashes you have. They do look fuller than they did by a little, but only because they don't shed nearly as often as they used to. What lilash does is it keeps your lashes intact past the point that they would naturally shed, so they just keep growing. I hope this makes sense. I do also want to mention that if you want to maintain your long lashes, yes, you do have to continue to use this product. They just go back to normal if you stop. I use mine sometimes every day, sometimes every other.

Alright, here's a little before and after! I don't have any makeup on in either, I think you can see the change most accurately this way:

Before
After



And here is a pic of both eyes with makeup on. This was taken in march. Love that shiny t-zone!



Wow, that was long winded! I just wanted to be thorough :). If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

12 comments:

  1. Wow ! Your lashes definately look longer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! They look amazing! I want this. Thanks for the review :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the difference is amazing, i just hit my 4 week mark today, i cant wait to see the difference, so far they have grown only a tiny bit not much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They're huge (in a good way!). I've been curious but the pricetag has kept me away so far. Great to see a before-and-after for comparison. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your lashes look wonderful! Might try this stuff... Where abouts do you purchase it from? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they look amazing! I really want a tube of that now! You've got an award btw, check out my blog! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @PrincessKayFay: Thank you!

    @Cocobella:You should get some! :)

    @bubblegarm: I think you'll start to see some amazing change in the next few weeks, I promise it'll be worth it. xox

    @Lu: Thank you!

    @Faith120604:Haha thank you! It's always good to see before and afters for products like this cause it's an investment. You're welcome!

    @Lorien BeautyLove: Thanks, I purchased it directly from the lilash website the first time and then my 2nd tube I got from ebay from a seller called beautylagoon. She's great!

    @tackyblueeyeshadow: Thanks I'll go check it out asap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like me some long lashes (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Senna: Hahaha you should get yourself some too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it amazing what a difference lashes make to your face?! I also use Revitalash and love it! The company is pretty amazing. They were created by an eye doctor for his wife after she beat breast cancer. Now they donate to breast cancer initiatives... I love a company that does something for the community!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!! I buy from http://www.tradekey.com/product-free/Lilash-Purified-Eyelash-Serum-6266433.html

    ReplyDelete