Saturday, August 22, 2009

Product Praise: Sephora Double Compact Mineral Foundation




If you like mineral foundations like me, this is a keeper!

The Sephora double mineral compact foundation is a pressed mineral powder that you can apply with the sponge it comes with or a face brush. I just use my japonesque mineral face brush and buff it all over my face. It gives buildable coverage and a mostly matte finish. It's not super matte but it's not "glowy" either.

I have used both Bare Escentuals and purminerals previous to trying this, and I have to say that I think this is my favorite out of the three. It doesn't have the "glowyness" the BE can manifest. And I love the pressed compact versus the loose powder of BE as well. This foundation also has a better shade selection than the purminerals. It has just a few more shades, but in both cool and warm tones so you're more likely to get a match. The shade I use (D30) is perfect for me!

I might add that the staying power of this is really good. I don't normally touch it up and it wears really well throughout the day/night. I think I have officially found my new favorite foundation!

I don't know about you guys but I've always been a little weary of the "sephora brand" stuff (call me a snob), but I've loved everything I've tried recently! I like their waterproof eyeliner, lipsticks, eyeshadow, and now the mineral foundation. Who knew?

Do you have any sephora brand faves?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Sephora brand palettes they come out with each season. I've got one from last spring and it's gorgeous, and they are wet/dry so they function in several capacities as shadows, bases and liners. :) Glad to know their minerals are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the recs! I actually did try that moroccan sunrise palette and it's one of my faves! The pigmentation is great! I'll have to take a look at their fall stuff :)

    ReplyDelete