Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A few of my favorite things...

I love reading "monthly favorites" or "top ten" types of posts. It's always fun to learn about things that cause people to become obsessed. Often it is an indication of a product being really good! So, I thought it would be fun to let you know about a few things that I am using a lot of right now.

First of all, let's just get covergirl lashblast out of the way. I know its popularity is enormous, so my apologies because I'm sure you've had your fill hearing about it. I usually shy away from uber hyped up items, but of course I had to try it for myself. I was somewhat unimpressed at the beginning, but I will totally admit that it has grown on me! It thickens, separates, lengthens, stays put, and washes off with ease. Plus it's a bargain. Sold.

Next up is jergens natural glow foaming daily moisturizer in medium/tan. I love this because it essentially is idiot proof. I must say that I am fearful of many self tanners. I'm not adventurous because I would rather be pasty white than streaky orange. This stuff produces a nice foam which absorbs into the skin super fast, and leaves me with a nice glow in the morning. I'm kind of a medium olive gal, so it is not drastic on me in the least. This is a good thing because I'm a scaredy cat and only buy "gradual" tanners. I put this on my face and neck at night and it just gives me a little bit of "oomph" and color so I don't look too dead in the morning. Love it!

The next item is the Clean and Clear steam soft in shower facial. It's kind of a paste with granules that you apply to your face, wait a few minutes to let it work its magic, rub it around to exfoliate, and then rinse. I love exfoliants so this is right up my alley. You use it in the shower because supposedly the steam helps it penetrate into the pores. It does have menthol in it, so it really does feel good and the granules are very effective at removing dead skin. My face looks much brighter and feels reeeeally smooth after using this.

The ecotools blush brush is great. The bristles are synthetic and super soft, and I like the size and shape of this brush. It disperses product perfectly for me. I have a lot of brushes and this one has been getting a ton of use lately. I think it was 5 or 6 dollars too! I've really been loving it with my beauty mosaic blush from Victoria's Secret.

Okay, Too Faced chocolate soleil bronzer is my holy grail of bronzers. I LOVE this stuff! It is a true brown matte color with virtually no orange. I'm all about the matte bronzer because I feel like I get enough shimmer with everything else (ie blush, highlight, eyeshadow, lipgloss, etc) so this is great for me. Here are some pics and a swatch if you're curious:

With flash:
Without flash:
Swatch:
Thought I might add that I'm about an nc30-35 in MAC, and this shade is perfection for me. I think medium/olive gals will really love this one, although I think most skin tones could make it work. Heart this!

It's a 10 miracle leave in product is FAB. It is basically a spray on leave in conditioner, and it really detangles like a champ! I have really long hair and it only takes about 6 sprays for my whole head and it makes my hair sooo soft. I literally can run my fingers through my hair without stopping, and I've never been able to do that. So pleased with this one!

Last but not least is Avon beyond color lip conditioner. Oh my. I get really dry, chapped, and flaky lips and I feel like nothing works for me long term. I've been using this solid for about 2-3 months and I have been obsessed with it since day one. It has "double the retinol" so it keeps my lips super smooth. I don't ever have to exfoliate the flakes since using this. And this is coming from someone with pretty much permanent flakiness. I really can't be without this. And a bonus is that is a nude color. It is definitely not super pigmented but gives this really subtle wash of nude to the lips that I LOVE. Here's a pic:

You can see this is well loved and I have two tubes opened right now. I bought my first one off ebay and as soon as I received and tried it, I immediately bought a lot of three. This is one of the those things that I would panic about if I ran out. I adore it! I don't know if I made it clear enough. :)

I just realized that 3 out 7 of these products were recommended by LisaLisaD1 on youtube! Lisa is the best, you need to check her out if you haven't already.

I hope this was enjoyable and not too long winded. I just get excited about these things!

Have a lovely rest of the week!

4 comments:

  1. Loving your blog and your reviews. come check out my blog when you have a chance.
    xx belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you like about the lash blast? Is it just an overall great mascara?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Belle Du Jour: Thank you so much! I am loving your blog too, I am now a follower! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BeeAyBee: I do just think it's a good overall. I like that it has a rubbery brush too, I feel like it separates really well and also adds a good amount of volume. And it doesn't flake or smudge on me, but washes off really easily. I have repurchased it too, which is a good indication! I hope this was helpful! :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete