Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday shopping!

Don't you love Saturdays? My husband and I had a nice afternoon, we went to lunch and then did a tiny bit of shopping. He very kindly bought me a few things and I thought I'd share!

We dropped into Victoria's Secret because all of their makeup is a whoppin' 75 percent off! Gotta love that! It was quite picked over, but of course I managed to find a few things. :)

I got a beauty mosaic blush in afterglow, a lip liner in ginger spice, and two velvety eyeshadows in rich and pose. Oh, and let's not forget the makeup remover!


The blush looks beige-pinky, with some bronze. Looks mostly matte which is a plus for me. I'm excited to try it out!


Next I got the ginger spice lip liner, which is quite a popular color. I've heard it mentioned many times, so I thought I'd try it out. I'm not generally big on lip liners, but I'm working on implementing them because I think they can make a big difference. This is a nude brown with some pink to it, it's very natural looking. It glides on so smoothly too.


Last but not least I picked these two shadows which are both matte, hence the "velvety" name I guess. All of the shadows with shimmer were long gone! I love matte shadows though so I was excited to get these. On the left we have rich, a dark espresso brown, and on the right is pose, a medium warm brown. It's hard to find good matte shadows so I'm really pleased. They will be good staples. The pigmentation seems really good too!


For five items, we only spent about 15 bucks! What a steal. Get over to a VS while there's still some left!

On the way out of the mall, we dropped into a Claire's. Gotta love Claire's for some bargain jewelry! I was just browsing through, and this necklace caught my eye:


I love owls and the whole owl jewelry thing has been around for a few years but I'm suprised to say I haven't owned an owl necklace till now. I love it because it is double sided with a different owl on each side. And the chain is 36 inches! i LOVE super long necklaces so I was sold on this immediately.


Well, there's another baby haul for ya! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya just found your blog. :) Great haul. I wish we had Victoria Secret in the UK. I've heard so many good things about them. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @winterblossom: Thank you for following! I think it's insane they don't have VS in the UK. It's a great store, but think of all the cash you save not having one there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mizzworthy: Thank you! I'm so pleased about it! But, I'm loving your necklaces even more! :)

    ReplyDelete